I wanted to know the different ways that people cured hiccups. So I asked my mom to post the question on Facebook. There were more than 50 replies!
My hypothesis was that drinking water from the wrong end of a glass is most popular.
According to my graph, I was correct. Twelve people answered "drink water from the wrong end of glass."
Here is the graph of my results:
The number one answer was "drink water from the wrong end." Here are the other answers, in order:
2. Hold your breath
3. Drink water
4. Do deep breaths
5. Spoon full of sugar/honey
6. Drink water AND hold breath
8. Being scared
9. Eat peanut butter
10. Plug ears and nose and drink water
The "other" list included:
1. Do a headstand
2. Poke tummy
3. Put the hiccups in a paper bag
4. Drink water with a metal fork in it
5. Focus on relaxing
6. Put cotton on your forehead
7. Put a straw in the air and a straw in the glass of water and drink both at the same time
9. Think of ten bald med (adults)
10. Ask someone what they had for dinner last night
11. Nurse (baby)
12. Drink water then hang upside down
13. Warm socks (wear them, I guess?)
14. Medicine - laudanum
Thank you to everyone who replied.